The Centre for Robotics at Mahindra University, Hyderabad India is seeking to appoint one JRF/ PHD candidate to carry out research on the development and control of an upper limb soft exoskeleton/exosuit for rehabilitation purposes or to assist simple daily tasks.
The aim of this project is to design, develop and implement innovative control strategies for the rehabilitation of the upper limb with a specific focus on the hand and the elbow joint (develop from scratch). The main goal is to develop a safe and robust assistive exo-suit device with high manipulability. The successful candidate might have to work with a rapid prototyping approach to test and iterate solutions in tight collaboration with clinical partners. Several solutions will be studied, including but not limited to: force and velocity fields, admittance and impedance control strategies, resistive and assistive fields in 3D space.
Project Duration: 3 Years
Salary: As per GOI Standards defined by AICTE
Project Funded: IHFC IIT Delhi, via Govt. of India, DSTNo. of Openings:1 Location:Hyderabad Experience:
Specific task targeted:
Daily users task
• To create a lightweight, user friendly, and a wearable soft exosuit which is affordable to everyone and easily available in the market.
• To make a wearable soft exo-suit that uses a less number of rigid structures, so as to give more freedom of movement to the user.
• It should also be compliant with the human limbs, using relatively a less number of mechanical links.
• To reduce the weight of the exosuit using soft wearable material.
• The motion and the speed of the exosuit should be controlled using a joystick, which can be handled by the user.
• The exo-suit will be tested on healthy human for industrial applications and later it will be tested on stroke patients for rehabilitation purposes in collaboration with hospitals and clinicians.
• After validation of exoskeleton/exo-suit mechanism, its control will be developed to work autonomously and intelligently using various sensors on it.
We are looking for a highly motivated, outstanding candidate with the following profile:
*Background/experience in Robotics, Mechanics, Control, Bioengineering or related field
*Preferred background in:
*Kinematics and Dynamics of Multi-Body mechanical systems
*Design and simulation of control algorithms
*Implementation of control algorithms
*Robotic actuation and sensing
*Creative and collaborative attitude
*Proficient in English language
Any of the following skills will be a plus:
*Previous experience on torque sensors
*Previous experience on exoskeleton devices
*Previous experience on biomechanics
*Previous experience on Matlab, Simulink, Simscape and similar toolboxes
*Publication record showing evidence of strong expertise in the field, or
relevant industrial experience
During this period, the JRF/PhD will develop the following skills and experience:
- Autonomously design, analyze the control requirements of a complex upper limb exoskeleton
- Work in a real-world scenario by operating with both team and clinicians to offer competitive advantage compared to state of the art devices.
Please submit your application (CV, names and contact of 2 referees with cover letter) using the online form.
Here's the link:
For more information, related to position and project please write to Dr. Deep Seth (Deep.Seth@mahindrauniversity.edu.in)
For application and institute related information contact Mr. Anil Kadali (email@example.com )