Dr. Aditya Abburi is an Associate Professor in the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. Dr. Aditya did his Doctor of Philosophy in Nanoelectronics from University of Idaho, Moscow, USA. Prior to joining MU, he worked as an Assistant Professor in Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering at the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Bennett University.
- Aug 2007 to May 2012: Doctor of Philosophy, University of Idaho, Moscow, USA Nanoelectronics (Department of Physics) Dissertation Title: Nanoporous Metals and Applications Supervisor: Dr. Wei Jiang Yeh
- Aug 2004 to May 2007: Master of Engineering, University of Idaho, Moscow, USA Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Thesis Title: Electrical characterization of polymer nanowires for aqueous sensor applications Supervisor: Dr. Eric Aston
- Sep 2000 to May 2004: Bachelor of Technology, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering VITAM, Visakhapatnam - Affiliated to JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Experience with fabrication and characterization of nanomaterials.
- Experience in PVD, CVD, ALD, Photolithography processes.
- Highly skilled and hands-on experience in operating sputtering systems.
- Certified JEOL 1200ex TEM and LEO SUPRA FE-SEM user.
- Experience working in a class-1000 clean room at the University of Idaho.
- 2011 - 2012: Research Assistant of the Year, Department of Physics, University of Idaho, USA
- 2009 - 2010: Teaching Assistant of the Year, Department of Physics, University of Idaho, USA
- 2008 - 2012: Leonard Halland Centennial Scholarship, Department of Physics, University of Idaho, USA
Journal and Conference Publications:
- 2020: Aditya Abburi, Murtuza Ali, Prateek Moriya, “Synthesis of mesoporous silica nanoparticles from waste hexafluorosilicic acid of fertilizer industry”, Journal of Materials Research and Technology (May 2020).
- 2019: A. Abburi and V. R. Abburi, "Controlled synthesis of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles," 2019 IEEE 14th International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems (NEMS), Bangkok, Thailand, 2019, pp. 300-303, doi: 10.1109/NEMS.2019.8915677.
- 2018: Aditya Abburi, A.V. Rao, "Controlled synthesis of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles" (under preparation)
- 2017: Aditya Abburi, "Effect of annealing temperature on the tunnel magnetoresistance of magnetic tunnel junction formed by magnetron sputtering"(under review)
- 2017: Aditya Abburi, A.V. Rao, "Surfactant-assisted synthesis and characterization of hydroxyapatite nanoparticles" 17th IEEE Nano, Pittsburgh, USA. July 2017.
- 2013: Aditya Abburi, "Fabrication of nanoporous platinum thin films for hydrogen sensing: a comparison between experimental and simulation results," Proc. SPIE 8793, Fourth International Conference on Smart Materials and Nanotechnology in Engineering, 87931L (August 9, 2013); DOI:10.1117/12.2025478
- 2012: Aditya Abburi, Wei Jiang Yeh, "Temperature and pore size dependence on the sensitivity of a hydrogen sensor based on nanoporous platinum thin films," IEEE Sensors DOI: 10.1109/JSEN.2012.2199298 (Impact Factor: 1.9)
- 2012: Aditya Abburi, Nathan Abrams, Wei Jiang Yeh, "Synthesis of nanoporous platinum thin films and application as hydrogen sensor," Journal of Porous Materials. DOI: 10.1007/s10934-011-9503-8 (Impact Factor: 1.4)
- 2011: Carla Blengeri, Tom Casad, Aditya Abburi, David N. McIlroy, Wei Jiang Yeh and Jeffrey L. Young, "Fabrication of Bulk, Self-Bias Barium ferrites for Microwave Circulator Applications", Journal of Materials Science and Engineering 5 (2011). (Impact Factor: 1.5)
- 2011: Aditya Abburi; Harold Fairweather Jr; Wei Jiang Yeh, "Temperature and Pore Size Dependance of a Nanoporous Platinum Thin Film based Hydrogen Sensor," American Physical Society, 13th Annual Meeting of the Northwest Section of the APS, Oct 20-22, 2011.
- 2010: W. Yeh, Carla Blengeri, Aditya Abburi, and David McIlroy, "Synthesis of c-Axis Barium Hexaferrite Puck for Communication Application," Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism 23 (6), 1151-1154 (2010). (Impact Factor: 0.98)
- 2010: Aditya Abburi; Brandon Fosso; Eric Colegrove; Wei Jiang Yeh, "Synthesis of nanoporous platinum thin films by dealloying copper from Cu80Pt20,"American Physical Society, APS March Meeting 2010, March 15-19, 2010.
- 2010: Nathan Abrams, Aditya Abburi , W.J. Yeh , "Nanoporous platinum: synthesis via dealloying," American Physical Society, 12th Annual Meeting of the Northwest Section of the APS, Oct 1-2, 2010.
- Jun 2016 to July 2018: Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Bennett University.
- Apr 2014 to May 2016: Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, BML Munjal University.
- Sep 2012 to Mar 2014: Assistant Professor, Department of Physics, Galgotias University, India.
- May 2012 to Aug 2012: Instructor, Department of Physics, University of Idaho, USA.
- Jan 2007 to May 2012: Research Assistant, Experimental Condensed Matter Physics Lab, Teaching Assistant, Department of Physics, University of Idaho, Moscow, USA.
- May 2005 to Dec 2006: Research Assistant, KECK Nanotech Lab, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Idaho, Moscow, USA.