Dr. Bruhadeshwar Bezawada is a Professor & Head of the Computer Science & Engineering Department at Mahindra École Centrale. He holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering, Michigan State University, USA.
• Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, Michigan State University, USA, 2005
Thesis topic: Adaptive Key Management Algorithms for Secure Group Communication
• M.S in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Michigan State University, USA, 2000
• B.E (Distinction) in Electronics and Communications, Osmania University, India, 1998
Major Focus: Network Security and Privacy
Provable and efficient privacy preserving techniques in strong adversarial models
Large scale biometric identification and verification for remote access systems
Security issues in Big Data domain
Master of Science by Research Students At IIIT Hyderabad, India
1. Rishabh Kaushal : 2006-2008. Thesis: Parametric analysis of Wireless Performance
2. Siddharth Goud : 2006-2008. Thesis: QoS Service Models for Wireless Networks
3. Sai Sathyanarayan : 2006-2009. Thesis: Signature Generation and Detection of Families of Malware
4. Pankaj Kohli : 2006-2009. Thesis: Format String Attacks and Defenses
5. Manish Sharma : 2007-2010. Thesis: Timing-based Detection for DNS Spoofing Attacks
6. Krishna Chaitanya Tekicherla (co-supervised with Prof.Venkatesh Choppella) : 2012-2015. Thesis: Browser Enabled Defenses for Cross-origin Attacks (under submission)
7. Pruthvi Reddy : 2010-2015. Thesis: Oblivious Transfer of Images
8. Bargav Jayaraman : 2012-2015. Thesis: Privacy Preserving Pattern Matching Over Cloud Storage
Master of Science At Nanjing University, China (co-supervision with Prof. Alex X. Liu)
1. Xiao Jiang Liang: 2013-2015. Thesis: A Template Approach to Group Key Establishment in Ad-hoc Networks
1. D.Raman, 2011-2016 (ABD). Topic: Information Flow Tracking Approach for Malware Detection and Securing Web Applications (part-time, JNTU, Hyderabad)
1. Tutorial Titled "Security Issues in Wireless Technologies and Challenges" at the Inter- national Conference on Information Systems and Security, ICISS, Hyderabad, India 2009
2. Sandeep S. Kulkarni and Bruhadeshwar Bezawada and Mohamed Gouda, "Optimal Key Distribution for Secure Communication". Michigan State University MSU-CSE-07-189,TR.
3. Bruhadeshwar Bezawada and Sandeep S. Kulkarni, "An Optimal Symmetric Secret Distribution of Star Networks". Michigan State University MSU-CSE-07-196 TR.
4. Sandeep S. Kulkarni and Bruhadeshwar Bezawada and Mohamed Gouda, "Secure Authenticated Broadcast Communication in Fully Connected Networks", Michigan State University MSU-CSE-08-10, TR.