Dr. Hari Prasad Chennarapu is an Assistant Professor in the Civil Engineering Department at Mahindra École Centrale College of Engineering. Dr. Hari Prasad did his Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering from Indian Institute Of Technology, Hyderabad. Prior to joining MEC, he worked as the HOD of Civil Engineering in Vardhaman College Of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- 2016: Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- 2010: M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, Warangal.
- 2008: B. Tech in Civil Engineering, SVITS, MBNR.
- 2004: Higher secondary, Takshashila Junior College.
- 2002: SSC, ZPHS.
- Soil-Reinforcement Interaction
- Quality Control of Pavement layers/earthworks
- Soil Stabilization
- Sustainable Materials
- Soil- structure interaction
- Received Best research scholar award- 2016 from the Institute of Engineers, Hyderabad chapter.
- Received Certificate of research excellence from IIT Hyderabad for the year of 2015.
- Worked as Departmental doctoral representative, IIT Hyderabad during the period of 2013-2015.
- Received travel grant from MHRD to attend the IFCEE International Conference at San Antonio, Chicago in 2015.
- Selected for "The Youth-Exchange Project with Asia-Oceania and North America (Kizuna bond Project)" conducted by Japan International Cooperation Center (2013).
- Umashankar, B., and Hari Prasad, C. (2015), "An Apparatus for Measuring Transverse Pullout resistance of a Reinforcing Element and Method Thereof." Submitted to the Indian Patent Office, Application Number 2927/CHE/2015.
Geotechnical Special Publications
- Koteswar rao, V., Padavala, H., Hari Prasad, C. (2019). Experimental and numerical pile group with and without building frame subjected to axial load. Indian Geotechncial Journal, 2019. Springer, DOI: 10.1007/s40098-019-00383-5.
- Koteswar rao, V., Padavala, H., Hari Prasad, C. (2019). Experimental investigation of axially loaded group of piles with and without building frame-A parametric study. Innovative infrastructure solutions, Springer, 2019, 4: 36. DOI: 10.1007/s41062-019-0222-3.
- Hari Prasad, C., Thejesh kumar., Rajashekar, ch., Umashankar., and Reddy (2018). Compaction Quality Control of Earth Fills Using Dynamic Cone Penetrometer. Journal of construction Engineering and Management, ASCE 10.1061/(ASCE)CO.1943-7862.0001530
- Hari Prasad, C., and Umashankar, B. (2017). Experimental Study on Transverse Pullout Response of Smooth-Metal-Strip Reinforcements Embedded in Sand. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0001838.
- Umashankar, B., Hari Prasad, C., and Thejesh kumar (2016). Compaction Quality Control of Pavement Layers using LWD. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 28(2) ASCE: pp.1-9, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0001379.
- Hari Prasad, C., Rajashekar, M., and Umashankar, B. (2016). Preparation of Uniform Sand Specimens using Stationary Pluviation and Vibratory Methods. Geotechnical and Geological engineering, 34(6), Springer: 1909-1922, DOI 10.1007/s10706-016-0064-0.
- Durga Prasad, B., Hari Prasad, C., Umashankar, B. (2016). Load-Settlement Response of Square Footing on Geogrid Reinforced Layered Granular Beds. International Journal of Geosynthetics and Ground Engineering, 2(36), DOI: 10.1007/s40891-016-0070-6.
- Hari Prasad, C., and Umashankar, B. (2016). Experimental Study on Transverse Pullout Response of Extensible Reinforcements Embedded in Sand. Submitted to Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Elsevier (Stage-3 review).
- Goud, N., Hariprasad, C., and Umashankar, B. (2016). Experimental study on steel-wire-mesh reinforced flexible pavements. Geo-Chicago, Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE, pp: 287-296.
- Hari Prasad, C., and Umashankar, B. (2015). The load-settlement response of circular footing resting on reinforced layer system. 15th Asian Regional Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Japanese Geotechnical Society Special Publication, 2(64): pp.2170-2173.
- Umashankar, B., Hari Prasad, C., and Mouli, S. (2015). Interface properties of metal-grid and geogrid reinforcements with sand. IFCEE, Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE: pp. 1430-1438.
- Umashankar, B., Mouli, S., and Hari Prasad, C. (2015). Settlement of embankment constructed with geofoam. IFCEE, Geotechnical Special Publication, ASCE: pp. 161-170.
- Hari Prasad, C., Umashankar, B., and Rajashekhar. (2017). Reconstitution of sand specimens using stationary pluviation method, Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC-2017) IIT Guwahati.
- Hari Prasad, C., Umashankar, B., and Thejesh Kumar G. (2016). Lightweight deflectometer as a compaction quality control device, Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC-2016) IIT Madras.
- Hari Prasad, C., Thejesh Kumar G., and Umashankar B. (2014). A micro fabric study of untreated and untreated expansive soils using atomic force microscopy, Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC2014) Kakinada, pp. 124-131.
- Durga Prasad, B., Hari Prasad, C., and Umashankar B. (2014). Shear strength of IS sand under various normal stress, Indian Geotechnical Conference (IGC-2014) Kakinada, pp. 109-113.
- Balunaini, U., Hari Prasad, C., Madhav, M R. (2012). Modeling Reinforcement-Soil Interactions under Oblique or Transverse Forces- A Review. Asiafuge-2012, IIT Mumbai, pp. 89-94.
EXPERIENCE AFTER DOCTORATE
- Worked as head of the department, Civil Engineering in Vardhaman College of Engineering (Autonomous), Hyderabad, From June 2016 - June 2018. Also, Committee ember for NBA and NIRF.
- Board of studies member for Vardhaman college of Engineering and TKR College of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- Convener for two Faculty development programs held at Vardhaman College of Engineering.
ACADEMIC TEACHING EXPERIENCE BEFORE DOCTORATE
- Worked as Officer in K. Raheja Corporate Services Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad, Telangana (July-November 2010)
- Worked as Assistant Professor in Sree Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology and Science, Mahabubnagar, Telangana (January- June 2011).
- Actively involved in developing geotechnical research lab and participated in the installation of various laboratory instruments during laboratory development phase of IIT Hyderabad.
- Worked as Assistant Professor, ICFAI University, Hyderabad, Telangana
- Delivered guest lecture on "Quality control of earth works by using NDT methods" during IGS student chapter inaugural event at Vardhaman college of engineering (Autonomous), Hyderabad
- Delivered guest lecture on "Transverse pullout response of reinforcement embedded in sand" in one-day workshop conducted by IGS local chapter in JNTU Hyderabad.
- Delivered guest lecture on "Importance of civil engineering" at ISL college of Engineering, Hyderabad.
- Delivered guest lecture on "LWD device application in asphalt and base layers for quality control" at MVSR college of engineering, Hyderabad.
- IGS life time member
- ISSMGE life time member