Dr. Jayaprakash Vemuri is an Academic Associate in the Civil Engineering Department at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. Dr. Jayaprakash did his Ph.D. in Earthquake Engineering from Indian Institutue of Technology, Hyderabad. Prior to joining MEC, he worked as a Research Scholar in Earthquake Engineering at IIT Hyderabad.
- 2018: Ph.D. (Earthquake Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad.
- 2010: M.E.Sc (Structural Engineering), University of Western Ontario, Canada.
- 2007: B.Tech (Civil Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- 2002: Higher Secondary, Delhi Public School, R.K.Puram
- SSC, Delhi Public School, R.K.Puram.
- Western Certificate in University Teaching and Learning, University of Western Ontario, 2017
- Certificate of Research Excellence from IIT Hyderabad for the years 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Notre Dame CEGEOS Fellowship, University of Notre Dame, 2011
- Summer Internship Grant, University of Western Ontario, 2006
- Certificate of Merit for Mathematics, Central Board of Secondary Education, 2000
- Merit Certificate for Mathematical Olympiad, Atomic Energy Commission, 1998
- Jayaprakash Vemuri (2014). A Predictive Model of Overstrength due to Strain Hardening in Steel EBF Links.Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Vol.41, No.3, pp. 208-213
- Jayaprakash Vemuri (2016). The Capacity Based Design Method for Eccentrically Braced Frames: A Critical Review. Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Vol.43, No.3, pp. 319-325
- Jayaprakash Vemuri and Subramaniam Kolluru (2016). Seismic Analyses of Unreinforced Masonry Walls. International Journal of Integrated Disaster Risk Management, Vol. 6, No.2, pp. 102-115
- Jayaprakash Vemuri (2017). Reliability Indices for Compression Braces in Eccentrically Braced Frames. Journal of Structural Engineering, SERC, Vol.44, No.5, pp. 486-493
- Jayaprakash Vemuri, Syed Ehteshamuddin, Subramaniam Kolluru (2018). Drift Demand Evaluation for Unreinforced Masonry Shear Walls. Cogent Engineering, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 5, No.1, pp.382-392
- Jayaprakash Vemuri and Subramaniam Kolluru (2018). Surface Level Synthetic Ground Motions for M7.6 2001 Gujarat Earthquake. Geosciences, MDPI, 8(12), 429
- Jayaprakash Vemuri, Syed Ehteshamuddin, Subramaniam Kolluru (2018). Numerical Simulation of Soft Brick Unreinforced Masonry Walls subjected to Lateral Loads. Cogent Engineering, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 5, No.1, pp. 1-12
- Jayaprakash Vemuri and Subramaniam Kolluru (2018). Performance of Unreinforced Masonry Structures in the 2001 Bhuj Earthquake. International Journal of Advanced Structural Engineering, Springer (Under 2nd Review)
- Vemuri, J., Ehteshamuddin, S., Ravula, M., & Kolluru, S. (2019). Pushover analysis of soft brick unreinforced masonry walls using analytical and numerical approaches. Materials Today: Proceedings. Vol. 19, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2019.10.025
Chapters in Books:
- Vemuri, J., & Kolluru, S. (2020). Seismic Fragility Assessment of Unreinforced Masonry Shear Walls. In Advances in Structural Engineering (pp. 1-14). Springer, Singapore. (ISBN 978-981-15-4079-0)
- Vemuri, J., & Kolluru, S. (2020). Evaluation of Ground Motion Scaling Techniques. In Advances in Computer Methods and Geomechanics (pp. 525-535). Springer, Singapore. (http://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-0886-8_43)
- Rahul Garg, Jayaprakash Vemuri and Subramaniam Kolluru (2018). Correlating Peak Ground A/V ratio with Ground Motion Frequency Content. In: Rama Mohan Rao A. and Ramanjaneyulu K. (eds.) Recent Advances in Structural Engineering, Vol. 2, pp. 242-248, Springer, Singapore
- Jayaprakash Vemuri, Sahith Gali and Subramaniam Kolluru (2017). Finite Element Analyses of Pinned Precast Beam-Column Connections. In: Santhanam M, Gettu R, Pillai RG, Nayar SK (eds.) Advances in Construction Materials and Systems, pp. 331-338, RILEM Publications, Paris, France
- Jayaprakash Vemuri (2015). A novel statistical method for estimating link overstrength. In: Matsagar V. (eds.) Advances in Structural Engineering, pp. 567-575, Springer, New Delhi, India
- Rayaprolu Vandana and Jayaprakash Vemuri (2016). Delhi Mass Rapid Transit System: State-of-the-Art Construction Practices for Elevated Stations. In: Korgaonker M (eds.) Managing Construction and Related Sectors, pp. 296- 306, NICMAR Publications, Pune, India
- Jayaprakash Vemuri and Subramaniam Kolluru (2018). Evaluation of Ground Motion Scaling Techniques. Proceedings of the ASCE-EMI Conference, 30 May-1 June, Boston, USA
- Rayaprolu Vandana and Jayaprakash Vemuri (2015). Rehabilitation of Steel Compression Members using Cover Plates. Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Innovations in Structural Engineering, 14-16 Dec. 2015, Hyderabad, India
- Aug 2013 - July 2018: Research Scholar in Earthquake Engineering, IIT Hyderabad.
- Sep 2011 - Jul 2013: Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering, GITAM University.
- Jan 2011 - Aug 2011: Research Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Notre Dame.
- Jan 2008 - Dec 2010: Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Civil Engineering, Western University.
- Jul 2007 - Dec 2007: Assistant Manager, Project Planning, Trident India Limited.