Dr. Mahipal. J is an Associate Professor with MEC. A Ph.D from IIT Madras, his research focuses on Partial Differential Equations based Image Processing and Finite Difference Method for Differential Equations.
- Ph.D in Mathematics, IIT Madras, Chennai. (2009-14)
- M.Sc in Mathematics, IIT Madras, Chennai. (2007-09)
- B.Sc (M.P.C), Osmania University, Hyderabad. (2004-07)
- S.S.C, Z.P.H.S Balapur. (2001-02)
- Partial Differential Equations (PDE) based Image Processing
- Finite Difference Method for Differential Equations
- J Mahipal, “A Highly Stable Explicit Scheme for a Fourth Order Nonlinear Diffusion Filter", Accepted for publication in International Journal of Modeling, Simulation, and Scientific Computing. (2020).
- Mahipal Jetta, Satyanarayana Chirala, On multi-quadric based RBF-FD method for second- order diffusion filters, SN Computer Science (2020) 1: 39. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s42979-019-0046-4
- Jetta M., Nalluri P., Dasari P., Hitesh S. Fourth Order Nonlinear Diffusion Filters for Multiplicative Noise Removal. In: Mansouri A., El Moataz A., Nouboud F., Mammass D. (eds) Image and Signal Processing. ICISP 2018. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10884. Springer, Cham (2018).
- Mahipal Jetta, S. K. Iliyas, and T. Pranihith. A fourth order diffusion filter for speckle noise removal. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Video and Image Processing, ICVIP 2017, pages 197-201, NewYork, NY, USA (2017).
- J. Mahipal, SK Sharma, and S Sundar, On a generalized 5x5 stencil scheme for nonlinear diffusion filtering, International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics, Volume 8, Issue 3, pages 194-2016, 2016. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12572-016-0163-4
- J. Mahipal, A scheme with optimized rotation invariance for finite difference solutions of coherence enhancing diffusion, Computers & Mathematics with Applications, 68 (2014) 859-871. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0898122114003617
- Taught two courses, Differential Equations, and Applied Numerical Methods for the undergraduate students at VIT University-Vellore (January, 2015- May, 2015).
- Taught a course on Differential Equations (MA2020) for the undergraduate students at IIT Madras (July, 2014- November, 2014)
- Tutorial Assistant for Numerical Methods and Scientific Computing (MA 5410), Probability and Statistics (MA 2040), Differential Equations (MA 2020), Functions of Several Variables (MA 1020), Programming Lab etc. during my doctoral study at IIT Madras.
- Tutorial Assistant for Advanced Mathematics Training (ATM) school on Differential Equations and Computing, held at JUIT Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh. (2012)
- IIT Madras Post Doctoral Fellowship (19th May, 2014- 18th November, 2014 )
- CSIR-JRF (All India 88th rank) (2010-2012)
- CSIR-SRF (2012-2014)
- Institute Merit Scholarship (2008-2009) availed at IIT Madras
- All India 69th rank in IIT-JAM
- College 1st in B.Sc
Computer Related Skills:
- C Language
- Linux and Windows Operating System