Dr. Prasad Pokkunuri is an Associate Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. He is a strongly motivated academician with a unique blend of industrial and academic research, and teaching experience, covering a range of domains.
Prasad was an Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering at Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management before joining MEC.
- University of California, Riverside - PhD, Mechanical Engineering
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - B.Tech (Hons.), Mechanical Engineering
- Goel N, Romero M, Prasad P, Steinfeld A, Goswami D Y, and Stefanakos E 2013 “Absorber for Concentrated Solar Power System”, Patent Application WO/2013/021397.
- Prasad P, Nissenson P, and Dabdub D 2010 “Impact of the Knudsen number and mass transfer expression on multi-phase kinetic modelling”, Atmospheric Environment, 44, pp. 153 – 163.
- Prasad P, Nissenson P, Finlayson-Pitts B, and Dabdub D 2009 “Importance of interface reactions with varying particle size”, presented at AirUCI’s 5th Annual Workshop, Laguna Beach, California, USA.
- Nissenson P, Prasad P, Jimenez-Aranda A, and Dabdub D 2008 “Modelling mass transfer and interfacial reactions of chemical species at aerosol surfaces”, presented at AirUCI’s 4th Annual Workshop, Newport Beach, California, USA.
- Prasad P, and Mahalingam S 2007 “Exhaust gas recirculation effects on hydrogen-air combustion”, Combustion Science and Technology, 179:6, pp. 1131 – 1157.
- Prasad P, Zhou X Y, and Mahalingam S 2005 “Large eddy simulation of turbulent reacting mixing layers, presented as Paper #05F-69 at the Fall Meeting of Western States Section of the Combustion Institute.
- Prasad P, Zhou X Y, and Mahalingam S 2004 “Large eddy simulation of a turbulent hydrogen jet flame using the filtered density function approach”, presented at the Tenth International Conference on Numerical Combustion of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Prasad P and Mahalingam S 2003. “An examination of time scale effects on the combustion of hydrogen in air”, presented as Paper #03F-46 at the Fall Meeting of Western States of the Combustion Institute.
- Assistant Professor in Mechanical Engineering at Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research, and Management
- Visiting Faculty at Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies
- Scientist in ABB India Corporate Research Centre, Bangalore
- Lead R&D Engineer at SunBorne Energy Technologies, Gurgaon
- Assistant Manager at Maruti Udyog Limited, Gurgaon
Doctoral and Postdoctoral Experience
- Postdoctoral Researcher at University of California, Irvine
- Graduate Student Researcher at University of California, Riverside
- Teaching Assistant at University of California, Riverside