Associate Professor - FLAME University - Pune. (From Oct 2013-Oct 2018)
- Developed entire curriculum of both UG & PG for offering entrepreneurship as a specialization at FLAME University-Pune
- Designed both core and elective courses in entrepreneurship
- Taught courses on a) Entrepreneurial Manager, b) Identifying & Evaluating Business Opportunities c) Family Business Growth and d) Strategy Implementation for MBA
- Taught courses on a) Theory & Practice of Entrepreneurship, b) Identifying & Evaluating Business Opportunities and c) Launching & Scaling-up New Ventures for BBA
- Revived FLAME Entrepreneurship Lab, which was inactive with the introduction of new student-driven initiatives and a virtual incubation centre.
- Championed Initiatives under Babson Collaborative.
Associate Professor- Institute of Management Technology, Nagpur. (From Aug 2008-Oct 2013)
- Set-up "Kushagra- IMT-N Centre for Entrepreneurial Excellence" to take up student-led entrepreneurial initiatives
- Conceived, designed, and taught courses on "Entrepreneurship Development" & Business-Plan Preparation as Electives for PGDM students.
- Taught Strategic Management Core Course using Capstone Business Simulations (MarketPlace and Capsim)
- Conducted Two Certificate courses on Small Enterprise Management (funded by SIDBI) for SMEs in Nagpur
- Conducted Four Faculty Development Programmes in Entrepreneurship (funded by DST Govt of India).
- Convened Two National Conferences on "Inclusive and Sustainable Growth" in 2011 at Nagpur and in 2012 at Pune
Faculty- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII) Ahmadabad & Technical Advisor - 'Vietnam - India Entrepreneurship Development Centre (VIEDC) - Hanoi - Vietnam' (Feb 2005 - June 2008)
- Formally set-up VIEDC on 8th May 2006 at the hands of H.E Neelakantan Ravi, Indian Ambassador to Vietnam and Honorable Vice Minister of Ministry of Planning and Investment(MPI), Government of Vietnam, Mr Nguyen Ngoc Phuc.
- Conducted Training of Trainers (TOT) programme and trained 12 trainers for VIEDC
- VIEDC in its' very first year conducted two Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for New Venture Creation at Hanoi - thus enabling ten trained entrepreneurs to start their enterprises. In addition, VIEDC also conducted two "Performance Improvement Programme" for existing entrepreneurs.
- Under the Government's scheme on Human Resource Development Programme for SMEs, VIEDC conducted total 38 training programmes successfully from September to December 2006, and trained 1,305 participants (in which 26 training programmes at VIEDC trained 678 participants, 9 at some local provinces trained 499 participants and 3 in collaboration with Dept.of Planning and Investment (DPI) at Bac Kan province trained 128 participants).
Director- MITCON's Technopreneurship Development Centre, Pune - India (April 2003 - Feb 2005)
MITCON is a state level industrial, technical consultancy organization of India having Technopreneurship Development Centre as one of its division engaged in training for Entrepreneurship and SMEs development. His responsibility as a Director after privatization of MITCON was to bring this division on a fast growth track in term of revenue generation. In his two years' term, he could increase the revenue of this division by eight times. This was achieved by creating a district based franchise network of BDS providers / Entrepreneurship Trainers. His role was also to design need-based BDS products / Training Modules, which can be delivered through this network. Capacity building, monitoring and evaluating the performances and programmes of this franchise network were also one of the major responsibilities.
In addition, he designed and conducted, a 'Faculty Development Programme for creating knowledge ventures'.
Joint Director - Asian Centre for Entrepreneurial Initiatives (ASCENT), Bangalore-India (Jan 2001 - March 2003)
- As a joint Director, ASCENT, Bangalore (ASCENT is a social Enterprise), he was heading "Project Enterprice" which was funded by NLDP and CLRI. Under this project, ASCENT facilitated creation of Group Enterprise of Kohlapuri Chappals (Ethnic leather footwear) Artisans from Athani and Nippani Blocks. This group enterprise is named as "Toe-hold Artisans Collaborative" (TAC) (www.toeholdindia.org). Apart from achieving project objectives, his role and responsibility as a Project head was to ensure series of entrepreneurial and managerial capacity building interventions among these leather artisans as well as project staff members. Presently, TAC is exporting its product to Italy, Australia, USA and Japan and is a profit making company
- In addition, conducted Micro-Enterprise Orientation Programme for the project professionals of Swa-shakti( Women Empowerment) project which was funded by IFAD and GOI.
- Conducted Trainers' Training Programme on "Group Enterprise and Exports" sponsored by International Trade Centre (ITC), Geneva.
- Prepared a Handbook for Trainers on "Group Enterprise and Exports" funded by ITC, Geneva.
- Was a core faculty for two Micro Enterprise Development Programmes for the facilitators of associate Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs) of the Friends of Women's World Banking (FWWB).
- Was a core faculty for Micro Enterprise Development Programmes for the facilitators from Sri Lanka and Nepal under the Aus-aid programme
Director - Institute of Small Business and Industry and Co-preneur (Husband and Wife together starting a business.), Rutuja Trimmings, Pune, India (Oct 1994- Jan 2001)
- Ventured out to starting and running my own institute in partnership with a renowned retired economist of India, who mobilized the physical infrastructure like premises, furniture etc for starting up ISBI.
- Conceptualized, launched and conducted one-year post-graduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Conducted Succession Planning Programmes for entrepreneurial continuity for the wards of family business owners.
- Conducted Small Industry Management Assistants' (SIMAP) Programmes
- Conducted performance improvement programmes for existing plastic industries of Pune in collaboration with plastic manufacturer's association, Pune.
- Conducted growth related programmes and technology skills upgradation training programmes for foundry units of Kolhapur in collaboration with Shiroli Manufacturer's Association.
- Conducted training programmes for the staff of Muslim Co-operative Bank and for the staff of various government organizations.
- Started (jointly with spouse) a manufacturing enterprise named Rutuja Trimmings at Pune and exited after running it for 10 years in 2007.
Senior Project Officer and Regional Officer, Maharashtra Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (MCED) (Oct 1988 - Sept 1994)
- Conducted 10 Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for different target groups like Science & Technology Gradates, Women, Retired Defence Personnel, Educated Unemployed, Rural/ Tribal and so on
- Coordinated more than 60 such programmes
- Conducted Trainers' Training Programmes for college teachers and Entrepreneurship trainers
- Developed training module on Business Opportunities Search and scanning and conducted more than 60 such programmes.
- Conducted training programmes for the teachers of ITI and vocational training Institutes.
- Conducted Micro - Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for Casp-Plan assisted beneficiaries at Bhandup, Mumbai in 1989 - 1991. Three hundred families below poverty line were covered.
Project Officer, Maharashtra Industrial & Technical Consultancy Organization Ltd (MITCON) Pune (Nov 1985 - Sept 1988)