Academics (July 2007 --- May 2014)
- HOD – Editing & Production for L.V. Prasad Film & TV Academy
Achievements at the L.V. Prasad Film & TV Academy include:
- Supervising editing students in their projects from production, editing, and sound design perspectives.
- Mentoring and supervising the student projects from the scripting to the release stage, of all end semester projects such as the Continuity, Dialogue, Mise en scene, Documentaries, Music videos and the Diploma films.
- Guiding students in their planning and production designing and logistics for all projects.
- Ensuring that timelines and schedules are met, especially when it comes to preparedness before production and during production.
- Assessing and evaluating their projects and providing a platform to showcase such projects at various festivals and forums across the world.
- Tracking the deadlines and chasing the post-production targets successfully for all Diploma films (for seven years in a row) to ensure that every student completes his/her course requirements within the specified timeline.
- Placing students with industry professionals across the various film industries by matching their skill sets, genre understanding and approach to filmmaking.
Industry – Creative (2005 --- April 2007)
- Conducted a 15-day workshop for the students of ‘Video Production’ at the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, on ‘Editing fiction Projects’, in the month of February 2004.
- Conducted a month long workshop on ‘The tenets of Broadcast Journalism’ for the students of the Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Pune.
- Dean for “Institute of Film & Television” and “College of Media & Communication” at RAI FOUNDATION COLLEGES, Mumbai Campus.
- Head – Content, Television with Gemini Studios & Innovations, Mumbai
- Editor of 4 Marathi feature films in the year 1997 – 98.
- Tharar (Director – Jyot Chavan)
- Sasarchi Laxmi Maherchi Saraswati (Director – Pradeep)
- Sapatnekaracha Mul (Director – Soumitra Ranade)
- Paij Lagnachi (Director - Yashwant Bhalkar)
- The film won 12 awards from Government of Maharashtra.
- Editor for 5 instructional films on 35mm format, produced by Bayer India on the usage of pesticides for the better yield.
- These films were shown in the northern agricultural belt in India.
Creative Head for B.A.G. Films, Mumbai. (2004)
- Production supervisor for all creative process of the daily soap, ‘Kumkum’, on Star Plus, produced by the company.
- Senior Executive Producer, OAP & CD (On Air Programs & Content Development) with E-TV Marathi, of the Eenadu Group. (2000 –2003)
- Editor with E-TV Network on a freelance basis. (1999 – 2000)
- Editor for in-house Projects, which included 2 daily soaps and 4 weekly programmes (fiction) for the E-TV Marathi and E-TV Bangla.
- Editor for the 13 episodic comedy weekly serial, ‘Rang Rangeele, Chail Chabile’, aired on DD Metro at Prime Time.
1995 – 1998
- Chief Editor with In-Time, the Cable News Channel of Industrial House, Hindujas.
- Worked with Nimbus Communications, as a Freelance Editor.
- Editor of 150 episodes of the Daily Soap, ‘Waqt’ produced by the company and aired on DD National.
- Freelance Editor with Cinevista Communications.
- Editor of 60 episodes of four weekly television serials produced by the company, which were aired on DD National.
- Editor with India TV, a proposed News Channel from Dalal Street Journal.
- Editor for various genres of non-fiction programmes including news stories, features, talk shows and weekend specials etc, which were to be aired on the proposed channel. Handled the trial run process of the channel, as well.
- Assistant Director of Rajat Kapoor, noted film and theatre director for his first feature film. Was involved in the entire process of the feature film titled, ‘Private Detective’, which was directed and co-produced by him, for its pre-production and production stage.
- Director and Editor of a one minute promotional film on ‘Child labour’, produced by Media Matters, headed by Prabir Bose. The film was aired on many satellite channels on Anti Child Labour Day.
- Editor for a corporate film on the promotion of the tourism in the Union territory of Diu and Daman.
- Editor for a compilation film on Sufi Tradition and Culture in India.
- Editor for a documentary films which covered the following topics -
- Water Harvesting.
- Water Resource Management.
- Solid Waste Management.
- Migrant Labor in Maharashtra.