Dr. Sebastian Uppapalli is an Assistant Professor in the Mechanical Engineering Department at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. Prior to joining MEC, he was a Principal Investigator at Ion Power Group.
His research interests include:
- Multiphysics and Multiscale modeling and simulation.
- Flow (Single/Multiphase) in Microfluidic devices and ‘lab-on-chip’ applications.
- Self-reliant autonomous microfluidic systems.
- Small Modular power systems.
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering - University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering - University of Nevada, Reno
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering - University of Nagpur, INDIA (RCERT)
Refereed Journal Publications
- Uppapalli, S. and Zhao, H. (2014). Characterization of Streaming Potential due to Drop Deformation in a Two-Fluid Flow using Phase-Field-Method. Under Review.
- Uppapalli, S., and Zhao, H. (2014). The influence of particle size and residual charge on electrostatic interactions between charged colloidal particles at an oil–water interface. Soft matter, 10(25), 4555-4560.
- Uppapalli, S. and Zhao, H. (2012). Polarization of a Diffuse Soft Particle Subjected to an Alternating Current Field. Langmuir, 2012, 28 (30), pp 11164–11172.
- Dongzi Zhu, Nicholas J. Nussbaum, Hampden D. Kuhns, M.-C. Oliver Chang, David Sodeman, Sebastian Uppapalli, Hans Moosmüller, Judith C. Chow & John G. Watson (2009). In-Plume Emission Test Stand 2: Emission Factors for 10- to 100-kW U.S. Military Generators, Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 59, 1446-1457.
- Gillies, J.A., V. Etyemezian, H. Kuhns, J.D. McAlpine, S. Uppapalli, G. Nikolich, and J. Engelbrecht (2010): Dust emissions created by low-level rotary-winged aircraft flight over desert surfaces. Atmos. Environ., 44, 1043-1053.
- Kuhns, H., J. Gillies, V. Etyemezian, G. Nikolich, J. King, D. Zhu, S. Uppapalli, J. Engelbrecht, and S. Kohl (2010): Effect of Soil Type and Momentum on Unpaved Road Particulate Matter Emissions from Wheeled and Tracked Vehicles. Aerosol Sci. & Technol., 44, 193-202.
- Gillies, J.A., V. Etyemezian, H. Kuhns, J. Engelbrecht, S. Uppapalli, and G. Nickolich (2007). Dust emissions caused by backblast from Department of Defense artillery testing. Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association, 57, 551-560.
Refereed Conference Publications
- Uppapalli, S. and Zhao, H., Polarization of a Diffuse Soft Particle Subjected to an Alternating Current Field, 65th Annual Meeting of the APS Division of Fluid Dynamics, Volume 57, Number 17, San Diego, US, Nov 18-20, 2012, R8.00003.
- Uppapalli, S., D. Donovan, B. Wood, R. Jacobson, and M. Wetzel, (2005) Renewable hydrogen based off-grid power control system. Proceedings, ISES Solar World Conference, Miami, International Solar Energy Society, August 6-12, 2005, 6 pp.
- Principal Investigator (Ion Power Group – January 2016 to June 2017)
- Research Associate (UNLV - September 2014 to May 2015)
- Research Associate (Energy Systems Lab - August 2009 to June 2010)
- Research Engineer (PEML lab, DRI - January 2004 to August 2009)