Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty is an Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department at Mahindra University École Centrale School of Engineering. Dr. Madichetty did his Doctor of Philosophy in Power Electronics from KIIT University, Bhubaneswar and Post Doc (SERB-NPDF) from IIT Delhi, New Delhi. Prior to joining MU, he worked as a Lecturer in Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, BITS Pilani.
- Nov 2014 - Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics and Control Systems) KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
Thesis: "Some Studies on Design Aspects and Experimental Verification of Modular Multilevel Converter";
Advisors: Dr. Abhijit Dasgupta, Dr. C K Panigrahi, (External - Prof. J Nanda (IIT Delhi)).
- May 2012 - M. Tech (Topper and Gold Medal Winner with 9.62 CGPA) in Power Electronics and Drive Systems, KIIT University - Bhubaneswar, India Thesis: "Selective Harmonic Elimination of 3 Phase Inverter"; Advisors: Prof. Abhijit Dasgupta
- May 2010 - B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, JNTU Anantapur, Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Distributed control of DC/AC Microgrid using Renewable Energy Sources
- Development of DC-DC / DC-AC converters using NI LabView and DSPiC
- Application of Deep Learning Techniques to Power Electronic Applications
- Cyber Security at Hardware level to Power Electronic systems
- Application of smart intelligent techniques to high voltage AC/ DC Power Electronic Systems
- High penetration of renewable energy systems using power electronic converters
- Design and development of charging station for electrical vehicles
- Smart charging for EVs, Grid to Vehicle, Vehicle to Grid, Vehicle to Vehicle
- Development of DC/AC microgrid
- Observer based control and estimation applications in DC/AC grid
- Integration of Battery-Supercapacitor systems for EV’s
- Framework for EV’s and Renewable energy penetration in to Indian Market
- Control and Protection of DC/AC microgrid
Research Projects and Grants
- SERB International travel grant of Rs. 1,60,000 was sanctioned to attend an international conference on Smart grid at Nanyang Technical University, Singapore
- Awarded with a National Post-Doctoral Fellowship by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. of India with a Funding amount of 24 Lakh INR ; Execution period 2017-19
- Awarded with a start-up research grant by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. of India with a funding of 30 Lakh INR; Execution Period 2020-2022
- Selected for Indian National Academy of Engineering mentoring program for engineering teachers at IIT Delhi, under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Janardan Nanda (FIEEE, FINA, FINAE, FTWAS).
- M.Tech Topper with 9.62 CGPA with Vice Chancellor MEDAL.
- Received Best Scholastic Award from Inter science research network, Bhubaneswar in 2011.
- Received Gold Medal for outstanding performance and best paper presentation from Inter Science Research Network, Bhubaneswar in 2011.
- Received Outstanding Academic excellence reward from M/s Bharti Realty Limited, Gurgaon in 2012.
- Received Excellence reward from M/s Bharti Realty Limited for outstanding contribution for executing the 66/11 kV GIS substation.
- Received Best Poster Presentation award from Prof. P. P. Mathur (VC, KIIT Univeristy), Prof. Suman Chakrabarthy (Bhatnagar Awardee,IIT KGP), Prof. V.Chandra sekhar(Director, NISER) on 28.02.2014 on occasion of National Science Day at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.
- Received Best paper award in 2015 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), New Delhi, India, 2015.
- Best presentation award at 2017 IEEE International Conference on Green Energy at Nanyang Technical University- Singapore 23rd July-26th July-2017.
- Best reviewer contribution award for International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems June-2017.
- Received Seal of Excellence by "European Commission" for the project MSCA-2018-841470 titled "Universal High power Pulsed Electric Field Generation using power electronic systems".
- SERB International travel grant of Rs. 1,60,000 was sanctioned to attend an international conference on Smart grid at Nanyang Technical University, Singapore.
- Awarded with a National Post-Doctoral Fellowship by Science and Engineering Research Board, DST, Govt. of India Rs. 24,60,000.
- Excellent paper Award in IEEE-CSEE JPES for the Year -2020. Article Title “A Standalone BLDC Based Solar Air Cooler with MPP Tracking for Improved Efficiency”
IET / IEEE Transactions:
- S M Chetty, S Mishra and M Basu, “New Trends in Electric Motors and Selection for Electric Vehicle Propulsion Systems”, IET Electrical Systems in Transportation, 2020 – IET (In Press)
- S M Chetty, M Rayguru, S Mishra, “Battery Super-Capacitor Hybrid System for Electrical Vehicle Transportation's Systems-An Energy Integrated Approach”, IET Energy Systems Integration, 2020 – IET ( In press)
- P. Mathew, S. Madichetty and S. Mishra , "Multi-Level Control and Optimization Scheme for Islanded PV Based Microgrids- A Control Frame Work", in IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics . doi: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2019.2897579 (In Press).
- P. Mathew, S. Madichetty and S. Mishra , "A Multi-Level Distributed Hybrid Control Scheme for Islanded DC Microgrids," in IEEE Systems Journal. doi:10.1109/JSYST.2019.2896927 (In Press)
- S. Madichetty, M. Basu, S. Mishra and J. M. Guerrero, "Double Deadbeat Plus Repetitive Control Scheme for Microgrid System," in IEEE Systems Journal. doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2018.2875543 (In Press).
- D. Das, S. Madichetty, B. Singh and S. Mishra, "Luenberger Observer Based Current Estimated Boost Converter for PV Maximum Power Extraction-A Current Sensor Less Approach," in IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 278-286, Jan. 2019. doi: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2018.2877418.
- S. Madichetty, A. Dasgupta, S. Mishra, "Application of an Advanced Repetitive Controller to Mitigate Harmonics in MMC with APOD Scheme," in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 6112-6121, Sept. 2016. doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2015.2501314.
- Sreedhar, M.; Dasgupta, A.; Mishra, S., "New harmonic mitigation scheme for modular multilevel converter an experimental approach," Power Electronics, IET, vol.7, no.12, pp.3090,3100, 12 2014 doi: 10.1049/iet-pel.2014.0028.
- Sreedhar. M, Deepak P, S. Mishra., Standalone BLDC Based Solar Air Cooler with MPP Tracking for Improved Efficiency," in IEEE-CSEE Journal of Power and Energy Systems (Accepted for publication).
- Sreedhar. M, A.Dasgupta, S.Jinka Harmonic Mitigation Scheme for High Frequency Link Inverter-A Practical Approach, HKIE Transactions, Hong Kong. Pages 57-66 doi: 10.1080/1023697X.2015.1009412.
- K. Venkat Ram Reddy, Madichetty Sreedhar, circulating current mitigating scheme in MMC based HVDC system with H-inf repetitive controllers, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Elsevier, Volume 85, February 2017, Pages 143-152, ISSN 0142-0615.
- J. Nanda, M. Sreedhar, Abhijit Dasgupta, a new technique in hydro thermal interconnected automatic generation control system by using minority charge carrier inspired algorithm, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems Elsevier, Volume 68, June 2015, Pages 259-268, ISSN 0142-0615.
- Sreedhar Madichetty, A. Dasgupta, L.V. Suresh Kumar, Application of modular multilevel converter for AGC in an interconnected power system, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Volume 74, January 2016, Pages 293-300, ISSN 0142-0615.
- L.V. Suresh Kumar, G.V. Nagesh Kumar, Sreedhar Madichetty, Pattern search algorithm based automatic online parameter estimation for AGC with effects of wind power, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Elsevier, Volume 84, January 2017, Pages 135-142, ISSN 0142-0615
Other reputed journals:
- Mariprasath, T., Kirubakaran, V., Madichetty, S. et al. An experimental study on spectroscopic analysis of alternating liquid dielectrics for transformer. Electr Eng (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-020-01136-x
- V. Suresh Kumar Lagudu, Duggirala Venkata Naga Ananth & Sreedhar Madichetty (2020) Independent control of active and reactive power for grid connected DFIG using reference power based improved field-oriented control scheme, International Journal of Ambient Energy, DOI: 10.1080/01430750.2020.1818123
- S M Chetty, L V Suresh, “The Black-Start Capability Improvement of VSC based HVDC Transmission System using Fuzzy adaptive PI controller”, International Journal of Ambient Energy (TAEN)-2020- Taylor and Francis (In Press).
- Govindugari Venkata, S., Ganesh, V. Madichetty, S. Electr Eng (2018) 100: 2023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00202-018-0681-0.
- Mishra, S., Palu, I., Madichetty, S., and Suresh Kumar, L. V. (2016) Modelling of wind energy-based microgrid system implementing MMC. Int. J. Energy Res., doi: 10.1002/er.3490.
- Vulusala G, V. S., and Madichetty, S. (2017) Application of superconducting magnetic energy storage in electrical power and energy systems: a review. Int. J. Energy Res., doi:10.1002/er.3773.
- Sreedhar Madichetty & Sukumar Mishra (2017) High voltage repetitive pulsed power generator by using modular multilevel converter, International Journal of Ambient Energy, DOI: 10.1080/01430750.2017.1405281.
- Madichetty, Sreedhar, and Abhijit Dasgupta. "Modular Multilevel Converters Part-I: A Review on Topologies, Modulation, Modelling and Control Schemes." International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS) 4.1 (2014): 36-50.
- Madichetty, S., Dasgupta, A. Jinka, S. (2014). A New Harmonic Mitigation Scheme for MMC an Experimental Approach. International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, 15(3), pp. 299-311. from doi:10.1515/ijeeps-2014-0015.
- Madichetty, S., Dasgupta, A. (2014). Experimental verification of circulating current mitigation scheme in MMC by using ISE technique. Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 12(5), 3431-3443.
- Madichetty, S., Panda, S., Mishra, S., Dasgupta, A. (2013). A review and advance technology in multi-area automatic generation control by using minority charge carrier inspired algorithm. International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems, 14(6), 609-627.
- Madichetty, S., Dasgupta, A. (2014). Modular Multilevel Converters Part-I: A Review on Topologies, Modulation, Modelling and Control Schemes. International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems (IJPEDS), 4(1), 36-50.
- Madichetty, S., Dasgupta, A. (2014). Harmonic Mitigated Front End 3 Level Diode Clamped High Frequency Link Inverter by Using MCI Technique. International Journal of Power Electronics and Drive Systems, 4(1).
IEEE Conference Papers:
- Sreedhar, M.; Upadhyay, N.M.; Mishra, S., "Optimized solutions for an optimization technique based on minority charge carrier inspired algorithm applied to selective harmonic elimination in induction motor drive," Recent Advances in Information Technology (RAIT), 2012 1st International Conference on, vol., no., pp.788,793, 15-17 March 2012 doi: 10.1109/RAIT.2012.6194523.
- Sreedhar, M.; DasGupta, A., "Experimental verification of Minority Charge Carrier Inspired Algorithm applied to voltage source inverter," Power Electronics (IICPE), 2012 IEEE 5th India International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1,6, 6-8 Dec. 2012 doi: 10.1109/IICPE.2012.6450395.
- Sreedhar, M.; DasGupta, A., "Application of Accelerated Particle Swarm Optimization to multi-level diode clamped inverter," Power Electronics (IICPE), 2012 IEEE 5th India International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1,5, 6-8 Dec. 2012 doi: 10.1109/IICPE.2012.6450396.
- Sreedhar, Madichetty; Dasgupta, Abhijit, "High frequency link soft switched pulse shifted modulated front end 3 level diode clamped inverter using APSO," IEEE Automation, Control, Energy and Systems (ACES), 2014 First International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1,6, 1-2 Feb.2014 doi: 10.1109/ACES.2014.6808000.
- Ray, Soumyadeep; Sreedhar, Madichetty; Dasgupta, Abhijit, "ZVCS based high frequency link grid connected SVPWM applied three phase three level diode clamped inverter for photovoltaic applications," IEEE Power and Energy Systems Conference: Towards Sustainable Energy, 2014, vol., no., pp.1,6,13-15, March,2014 doi: 10.1109/PESTSE.2014.6805270
- Madichetty, S.; Rambabu, M.; Dasgupta, A., "Selective harmonic elimination: Comparative analysis by different optimization methods," Power Electronics (IICPE), 2014 IEEE 6th India International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1,6,8-10 Dec. 2014 doi: 10.1109/IICPE.2014.7115862.
- Sai Prasanna, P.; Sreedhar, Madichetty; Suresh Kumar, L.V., "A review on circulating current suppression control, capacitor voltage balancing and fault analysis of modular multilevel converters," in Electrical, Electronics, Signals, Communication and Optimization (EESCO), 2015 International Conference on, vol., no., pp.1-6, 24-25 Jan. 2015 doi: 10.1109/EESCO.2015.7253622.
- Prasanna P. S., Sreedhar M. and Suresh Kumar L. V., "A comparative analysis of circulating current controllers for modular multilevel converters," 2015 Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON), New Delhi, India, 2015, pp. 1-6.doi: 10.1109/INDICON.2015.7443169
- Y. Nagaraja, T. Devaraju, M. V. Kumar and S. Madichetty, "A survey on wind energy, load and price forecasting: (Forecasting methods)," 2016 International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, and Optimization Techniques (ICEEOT), Chennai, 2016, pp. 783-788.doi: 10.1109/ICEEOT.2016.7754792.
- Suresh Babu, Gansesh V, and S. Madichetty, "Application of bacteria foraging algorithm for MMC based smart microgrid 2017 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid and Smart Cities (ICSGSC), Nanyang Technical University, Nanyang View, Singapore, 2017, pp. 1-6
- J. K. Motwani, S. Madichetty, B. Duggal and S. Mishra, "Intelligent control scheme for SPV-wind-BESS based microgrid," 2018 IEEMA Engineer Infinite Conference (eTechNxT), New Delhi, 2018, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ETECHNXT.2018.
- S. Madichetty, B. Duggal, A. Borgaonkar and S. Mishra, "Modelling and design of solid state smart transformer for microgrid," 2018 IEEMA Engineer Infinite Conference (eTechNxT), New Delhi, 2018, pp. 1-6. doi: 10.1109/ETECHNXT. 2018.
- Kiran Khunte, S. Madichetty, S. Mishra, "Output Voltage Control of DC-DC Boost Converter Using Model Predictive Control Approach", 2018 2nd IEEE International conference on power Electronics, Intelligent Control and Energy systems (ICPEICES) held on Oct.22-24, 2018, Delhi Technological University, Bawana Road, Delhi.
- Dhiman Das, S. Madichetty, S. Mishra, "Dual Loop Controlled Isolated Boost Converter for PV Based Energy Hub - A Wireless Power Control Approach", 2018 6th IEEE India International conference on power Electronics (IICPE) held on Dec.14-17, 2018, MNIT Jaipur, Jaipur.
- An Introduction to Modular Multi Level Converters, Authors Sreedhar Madichetty, L. V. Suresh Kumar, P. S. Prasanna Edition illustrated, Publisher Lap Lambert Academic Publishing GmbH KG, 2015, ISBN 3659349941, 9783659349942.
- Filed an Indian Patent IDF/11/2017/97, Variable High Gain DC to DC boost converter Inventors: Prof. Sukumar Mishra, Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty, Mr. Bhanu Duggal.
- Filed an Indian Patent IDF/11/2017/100, Coordinated Grid Solar PV Frequency Response Charger Inventors: Prof. Sukumar Mishra, Dr. Sreedhar Madichetty, Mr. Bhanu Duggal.
COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS DEVELOPED:
- High gain DC-DC boost converter (12 to 220 V DC).
- Solar charge controller with MPPT.
- Solar PV array emulator (50V 20A), (50V 40A), (100V 10A), (100V 20A).
- Redox flow battery emulator (48V 20A).
- DC microgrid research test-bed (5 kW) bi directional converter.
- Fuel Cell Emulator (60V 12A).
- AC microgrid research testbed
- Data logger ( Analog, Digital and RS 485 with Real time clock)
- 01st Nov-2017 - 26th Aug-2019: SERB National Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (NPDF) in department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi under the mentorship of Prof. Sukumar Mishra. NPDF was sponsored by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of science and technology, Govt. of India.
- 12th Nov-2014 - 31st October-2017: Lecturer in Department of Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India.
- 4th Aug 2014 - 31st October-2014: Assistant Professor in Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, GMR Institute of Technology, India.
- 9th July 2012 - 31st July 2014: Assistant Manager at M/s Bharti Realty Limited.
- Aug 2010 - May 2012: Teaching Assistant at KIIT University, Bhubaneswar.